Our 39th Annual Live & Silent Auction will be held on Saturday, March 10 at 6:00 pm at the The Ballroom at the Westside.
What is a Silent Auction?
- Our biggest fundraiser.
- Goods and services are donated and put up for bid with a starting and raising minimum.
- Attendees are assigned bidder numbers used to place anonymous bids on the items.
- Bidding closes at a set time, and the highest bidder "wins" the item.
- Food, drinks and the opportunity to socialize with adults (NO CHILDREN ALLOWED.
How do we get items for the auction?
- Each Playschool family is required to bring in (at least) five donations.
- Each donation should have a minimum value of $50.
- A mail campaign is sent by Playschool to previous donors, businesses catering to children, and corporations.
How does a Playschool family get donations?
- Each family is provided with an auction packet to assist in obtaining donations.
- Ask friends, family, stores where you shop, services you use.
- A sponsorship of $50 and up counts as a donation, and provides advertising in the Auction program for the sponsor.
- Your own time and talents (painting a child's bedroom, making a dessert a month for a year, babysitting, teaching a cooking class) can be used as a donation.
- Put together a theme related basket such as a rainy day basket, wine and cheese basket...
- If all else fails, ask for help. There are many families who can provide ideas and inspiration for getting donations, and you can follow-up on the letters sent in the mail campaign. If you bring in the donation, you get the credit, even if the original solicitation came from Playschool.
- All items MUST be new.
Why is it necessary to have an Auction?
- Playschool is a cooperative without financial support from any church, government or other organization. The money we raise keeps our school operating.
- As a cooperative, our goal is to work together to create a nurturing and caring environment in which our children learn and grow. The money we raise together as a group perpetuates this philosophy.
What are my responsibilities?
- Getting your donations! Each family must get (at least) five donations and/or sponsors with a $50 minimum value.
- Helping to set up on the day of, run things the night of, and/or clean up after the Auction.
- Bringing family, friends and donors to the Auction!!!!!!!!!!